How does one get on the Kauai County Affordable Housing list?
1. Applicant must register for Home Buyer Education classes with a HUD-approved education and counseling agency. The following 2 agencies qualify for this requirement:
Hawaii HomeOwnership Center
Upcoming Kauai Classes:
- July 24, 2015 (5pm – 9:30pm) & July 25, 2015 (9am -1:30pmn) LIHUE
October 16, 2015 (5pm -9:30pm) & October 17, 2015 (9am – 1:30pm) TBA
- To register: 877-523-9503 (Hawaii Homeownership Center)
- Upcoming Kauai Classes:
- Hawaii Community Assets
2. Applicant must attend classes in person/online and receive "Certificate of Achievement" upon completion of classes.
3. With "Certificate of Achievement" in hand, applicant must then go to the County of Kauai Housing Agency to request for:
Kauai Resident Affordable Home Buyer Registration Form ( you will not be given this form without proof of "Certificate of Achievement" from one of the 2 agencies listed in 1.)
- This form must be completed and submitted with "Certificate of Achievement" form.
4. Upon receipt of both forms, a letter will be sent to the applicant informing them of their Home Buyer Number.
5. Notification of any affordable "for sale" development, single family homes or projects will be sent to all active applicants on the Affordable Housing Waitlist.
Future Kauai Housing projects on the horizon are in these areas: